by Bob Huyu
Burkina Faso is a country in the western part of African continent, it borders Mali on the north, Niger on the east, Benin, Togo, Ghana and Côte d’Ivoire on it’s south. Burkina Faso has varieties of dishes, and Pouletbicyclette is the national dish.
The dish has a funny story though it is heroic one.
Burkina Faso people consumes chickens and poultry at large, for this reason chicken sellers could tie more than 100 chickens around their neck for delivery, ha ha guess the move.
On top of the story, in many parts in Burkina Faso you will find chicken grilled for sell, this is why the cuisine was called Pouletbicyclette.
Well, let us make this cuisine with a home kitchen but the same methods done out there in Burkina Faso streets.
- 1 chicken
- 1 bunch of thyme
- garlic cloves
- olive oil
Cooking methods (oven cook)
- Prepare the chicken and clean, don’t piece it.
- Preheat oven to 180 °C
- Put chicken in a flat surface then rub with the thyme and garlic (2 grinned cloves).
- Salt it.
- Put into the dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Take it into the baking dish and bake for 1 hour and 15 mins.
- Turn sides after every 15 minutes while basting.
- Once done, pick it out and leave it to cool.
- Serve it with any preferred bite or dish.