by Yu Ten
Zambia is a country located southern central of Africa, bordering Tanzania to it’s east, Congo from it’s north, Angola and Namibia to the west and Zimbabwe to the south. The country has a variety types of Gazelle that signify their traditional dish in a country.
Curried Gazelle is another traditional cuisine found in Zambia apart from other vegetable dishes.
Getting Gazelle is not much easy simply because it’s a wild animal, hunting it needs a experienced person, also you may be charged accordingly. Furthermore anyone can be.
Meat is either barbecued or roasted to provide the significance of meal, either lunch or dinner.
Preparation of this cuisine is simple to someone who is familiar with any meat roast, though some steps may be new, it follows the trend, be in touch here so that I won’t left you out, welcome.
- 1 kg of Gazelle meat (steak)
- 2 Potatoes
- 1 coconut packet
- 2 carrots
- curry powder
- pepper powder
- 1 green pepper
- 1 tomato fruit
- 3 bulb onions
- grinned garlic
- grinned cardamon
- Tomato paste
- Some like it when roasted suing barbecue with pepper taste, salt, oil wrap and so favors.
- This kind of preparation is mostly found in restaurants.
- Enjoy it with loved one, as a dinner.
Let us cook our cuisine;
- Wash meat well and set in a clean plate.
- Chop onions into pieces, chop carrots into a bigger pieces. (1 carrot to 9 half pieces) Peel off potatoes and cut half each.
- Boil meat for 30 minutes. Taste to know if it is well boiled.
- If no, add more soup and keep boil for 10 minutes more, but if it’s well boiled, take it off heat.
- Start to fry onions, potatoes, grinned garlic and cardamon of about 2 teaspoons each. Do fry for 2 minutes, chop green pepper and tomato fruit, add in the mix, keep fry for 1 minute.
- Add meat, fry to mix well for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, curry powder of 1 teaspoon and tomato paste of about 3 teaspoons, keep mix and boil for 3 minutes. Add soup and boil once more for 3 minutes.
- Add coconut and stir well. Boil for 3 minutes more.
Once boil finishes, take it off heat and serve it with rice of bread, enjoy with friends and don’t forget to comment for more best recipes.