by Dahiza Umar
This mince meat recipe is a easy, quick, favorable and delectable recipe that is cooked usually in the Pakistani kitchen. This dish is comes from the old traditional recipes with the authentic flavours of the Pakistani traditional spices. This dish is so popular that it is cooked on simple routine or also on the special occasions like get togethers, dinner or on Eid etc. It is usually serve with rice or roti. This is salan that usually served with the naan or roti ( a kind of bread in Pakistan ). Salan is known as any dish that is eaten with roti or rice either any curry of meat/ vegetables or legumes. We called any kind of this thing, SALAN, eaten with bread, roti, naan or rice.
This dish is cooked with mince of meat, any meat like mutton, beef or also chicken. When this special thing is cooked with aromatic spices and the flavorful basic ingredients it tastes so good that everyone loved it. Masala is known as the gravy or curry of spices in which main ingredients like mince in this dish cooked. So we called this dish Mince masala also called as keema masala. In urdu, mince is known as KEEMA. It is delicious dish that you can cooked at home in minimum hour with the ingredients easily seen at the Pakistani Kitchen.The best way to cook is effortlessly this is that dish you can cook wthout any hardship, and you can get the juciness of the meat, tenderness, flavorful and melt in the mouth texture of the meat with the flavors of spices usually give the aroma to that dish with the traditional flavors.
Keema masala is a real household, delicious and all time favourite dish and it is usually cooked in a variety of ways by adding some vegetables in this flavored dish, like the following:
- Matar keema ( mince with peas)
- aloo keema ( mince with potato )
- shimla mirch keema ( mince with capsicum )
- achari keema ( pickle flavored mince )
At the old ages, royal families like Mughals and King of the Indian subcontinent prepared this dish by their cooks and the dish was served at the Royal dinners. It is said that Mughals like the mince dish liked cooked masala/ gravy or like mince kababs. Than after the British when Subcontinent divided this dish has evolved by their own taste and now included in the cuisine of their regions like Pakistan and India.
- 1 kg lamb mince
- 2 onions chopped
- 4 tomatoes chopped
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp ginger paste
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper powder
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 cloves
- 1 cinamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 green cardamom
- 1 black cardamom
- 4 to 5 green chilies chopped
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh coriander
- 3 to 4 tbsp fresh mint
- 1 tbsp ginger slices
- 1 charcoal ( to smoke the mince )
- Take the chopped onion in the heat up oil in the cooking pot and saute it little.
- When onion slightly translucent add mince into it and start frying it.
- Fry it for 10 to 15 minutes until mince color changed to brown.
- Than add garlic ginger paste and tomatoes saute it for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 glass of water with all the dry spices with whole spices like cloves and bay leaves etc.
- Let it cook for 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat.
- Check if mince is cooked and water is dried add yogurt in to the mince and high up the flame and cook it until the gravy is prepared.
- When moisture of yogurt is dried add ginger slices, coriander and mint.
- Now its time to give this mince masala a smoky flavor, heat up a piece of coal on the fire for 2 to 3 minutes until it turn red add this heat up coal into the small bowl and put this bowl in the mince. Now add a drop of oil so the smoke starts apeeared and cover the whole mince masal with the lid
- After 10 minutes when the smoke disappeared served the mince in the serving pot.
CUISINE : ASIAN, MUGHAL’S
COURSE : MAIN COURSE / SIDE DISH
PREPARATION TIME : 10 MINUTES
COOKING TIME : HALF HOUR
SERVINGS : 4 TO 6 PERSON
CALORIES : 350
PLACE OF ORIGIN : INDIAN SUBCONTINENT
RELATED REGIONS : PAKISTAN, INDIA AND BANGLADESH.