By Arbaz Khan
Gulabi Colada is a creamy dairy drink originated in from Indian subcontinent. Gulabi Colada is a very popular traditional drink among desis (Punjab people) because of its refreshing taste. It is taken with breakfast and lunch to cool the effect of hot summer. Gulabi Colada is a blend of milk, water, ice cream and some fruits. We can add different flavor of ice cream in it according to taste that’s why there are many varieties of this dish. Gulabi Colada is like a milkshake. Qarshi jam-e-shirin is a sweet syrup which is used in this drink. We can use another sweet syrup in the place of qarshi jam-e-shirin.
- Pineapple chunks = One and half Cups
- Pineapple syrup = half Cup
- Milk (doodh) = 1 Cup
- Qarshi Jam-e-Shirin = 2 tablespoons or to taste
- Coconut milk powder = half Cup
- Ice cubes = as required
- Vanilla ice cream = 5 to 6 scoops
- Dried rose petals = as required
- Crushed almonds = as required
- Take a blender jar and add pineapple chunks, pineapple syrup, milk, qarshi jam-e-shirin or a sweet syrup and coconut milk powder.
- Blend the mixture well until everything mix in it and a thick liquid a formed.
- Now add some ice cubes and vanilla ice cream in the thick mixture.
- Again blend the mixture.
- Pour mixture in a glass.
- Garnish with dried rose petals and some crushed almonds.
- Your delicious drink is ready to serve.