by Verdzekov Bernard
There are so many cuisines in this world. This cuisine defines the culture and tradition of people living in the society. A cuisine is a particular traditional cooking habit often associated with a particular culture. Usually, with traditional cooking local ingredients are usually used. This local ingredient which are used often represent the culture from which the people come from. Some of this ingredient are scares and found in the set community and no were else. That is why at times when you hear of a traditional meal, and sometimes the names of this traditional meals, it come from this ingredients. Today I will be writing on a traditional meal called Angwa Mo. Angwa Mo is a Ghanaian meal which means oiled rice. This is rice like any other rice. But the cooking process is so different. What do I mean? To prepare Angwa Mo, the onions is first usually fried in vegetable oil, after the onions is really brawn, water is added to the oil. This give the rice a different look and scent. The rice is added to the pot and cooked.
- Salt to taste
- Green beans for garnishing (optional)
- Carrot of garnishing (optional)
- Tomatoes (2)
- Perfume White rice
- Vegetable oil
- Prepare your beef with bay leaves and salt to taste.
- Cut the beef into small half’s after preparing. (very tiny halves). This gives this rice a nice beauty look and taste. When I talk of preparing the beef, I mean you cut salt and fry. It should not be so dry.
- Slice your tomatoes.
- Boil carrot and green beans with salt to taste.
- Wash your rice and drain.
- Dry the rice and keep aside
- Slice the onions and keep aside
- Put your oil in a pot and heat up
- After it is heated, fry your onions first. Do not fry all the onions but some. Fry half the onions. Make sure you fry until it is golden brown.
- Add your tomatoes and fry.
- Add your beef and stir well. Stir for about 3min
- Reduce heat, then you add your rice. Add rice and stir well.
- Stir for about 3min allow and add your salt.
- Add pepper and stir.
- Add maggi and stir. Stir so well so that the taste of maggi should circulate.
- Add water and Close pot and allow for 10min
- Open and add your onions that you kept aside. Add carrot and green beans. Cover pot and allow for 10min more.
- Your rice should be ready. This should take 25-30min for everything to get ready.
Serve and Enjoy…