by Verdzekov Bernard
Nkate nkawn is a Ghanaian cuisine. It is common Ghana, Cameroon and Nigeria. This cuisine could still be called G-soup. It is eating with boiled white rice or ripe plantains. It is a common delicious sauce after tomato sauce. Some people use peanut butter to prepare this soup. To prepare this soup, how to make your groundnut paste is simple. You will see that below. Peanut butter soup in Ghana is said it originated from the Hausa tribe, but this soup is eating and valued by everyone in Ghana.
- 2 bulbs of onions
- Garlics gloves (3)
- Fresh ginger
- 4 large tomatoes
- Bay leaves
- Chili powder
- Salt to taste
- Prepare your chicken, slice and put into the pot. Add some water
- Slice your ginger, pill off garlic gloves, slice onions into large slices and add into the pot. turn on heat and bring the chicken to a boil. While on the gas, go prepare order ingredient.
- Fry your groundnut. The process of frying the groundnut doesn’t need you to put any oil into the groundnut. Just the groundnut. You will continuously stir the groundnut until it is half burned. This burns greatly determine the color of your soup. You may love to remove the outer shell of the groundnut as well as you could leave. Put in a processor and grind. After grinding put aside.
- Slice your tomatoes and put in a blender, slice onions and garlics with ginger and add. Check your chicken after 25min. it should boil well after 25min. Remove the onions, ginger and garlics you added into the pot and add into your blender and blend.
- Put vegetable oil into main cooking pot and put on the gas. Allow it to heat up, add your blend ingredients and allow to fry. Make sure you are stirring. After about 4min, add your chicken, allow chicken to fry with other ingredients for about 10min. Make sure you are stirring so that you avoid spices from sticking to the pot.
- Slice your okra into large halves and boil.
- add your chicken stock to the pot and stir.
- Stir well. Add warm water to your groundnut paste, stir and add into the pot. Stir well and allow pot for about 5min. If sauce to thick, add some more chicken stock and stir well.
- Add your pepper, maggi and salt to taste. Stir well. Allow for 7min and remove.
- Serve with boiled white rice or boiled ripe plantains and your okra beside. This okra serves as a garnish.