by Aikaterini Katapodi
This food comes, thus its origin is from Turkey, from Greek woman who were residents there, in city Izmir Turkey. You can find both in Greek and Turkish restaurants, but you can also make it at home on your own and share it with friends.
Ingredients (for 2-3 persons)
- Half kg mince meat
- One slice of well wet bread
- One teaspoonful kumin
- Two very small pinches of glarlic cut to tiny pieces
- Three tablespoonful olive oil
- Salt, pepper
- Few drops balsamico (or beer)
- One sqeezed tomato in juice
- We put the mince meat of beef in a deep bowl, and we add all ingredients as above, in the turn they are, and mix well with hands, so that all ingredients are absorbed by mince meat; as soon as mix is compact we start making small balls, giving them a rectangular form somehow.
- When whole mix is consumed, we put them or put them upon making each one of them in a big flat plate; food is half ready.
- One more step is tomato sauce: We squeeze, thus blend up to three tomatoes middle size, and put it in a casserole, where we add, some salt, pepper, and half teaspoonful sugar. We also put some oil, upon option. We let it boil for round 10-15 min at 170 C, and when it’s ready, we pour it over meatballs to bake it in the oven. We actually bake all this in the oven, for round 40 min at 200 C.
- Food is ready, and we can serve with fried potatoes, and/or fresh salad, being a food mainly for summer, but equally in winter.