By Ak Studio37
Matar Keema is minced lamb and green peas dish originated in Persia. This traditional dish is most famous in Indian Subcontinent. We can made matar keema with beef, chicken or with other meat. The word keema is derived from the Turkish word Kyma which means minced meat. Keema became famous is Mughal kitchens. Mughals invented many keema recipies and matar keema was one of them. Matar keema was served with naan or pataha in Mughal era. Keema can be used to make kebabs. There are many varieties of keema like keema dum, keema matar, keema biryani and keema samosa etc. In royal families of Indian Subcontinent keema matar was served as special festivals and occasion. The main ingredient of matar keema is matar (green peas). This dish is popular in India, Pakistan, Bangladesh and many more countries. Usually matar keema is served with naan and chatni (yogurt sauce).
- Oil = 2-3 tablespoon
- Sabut garam masala (Whole spices) = ½ tablespoon
- Darchini (Cinnamon stick) = 3-4
- Kali mirch powder (Black pepper corns) = 10-12
- Badi elaichi (Black cardamom) = 1
- Laung (Cloves) = 5-6
- Pyaz (Onion) Sliced = 2
- Adrak lehsan paste (Ginger garlic paste) = 1 tablespoon
- Beef qeema (Beef mince) hand-chopped = ½ kilogram
- Dhania powder (Coriander powder) = 1 teaspoon
- Namak (Salt) = 1 teaspoon or to taste
- Haldee powder (Turmeric powder) = ½ teaspoon
- Lal mirch powder (Red chili powder) = 1 teaspoon
- Tamatar (Tomatoes) Sliced = 2-3
- Pani (Water) = ½ Cup or as required
- Matar (Peas) = 250 gram
- Garam masala powder (Whole spice powder) = 1 teaspoon
- Hara dhania (Green coriander) = for garnish
- Podina (Mint leaves) = for garnish
- Hari mirch (Green chilies) = for garnish
- In pot, add oil, whole spices, onion and ginger garlic paste, fry until light brown.
- Add beef mince and mix well for 4-5 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder and red chili powder, mix well.
- Add tomatoes, mix, cover and cook until tomatoes are soft.
- Add water and peas, mix well, cover & cook for 10-12 minutes or until peas are done.
- Add whole spice powder, green coriander and mint leaves, mix well.
- Garnish with green coriander and green chilies.