by Sana Aamir Syed
Biryani is such a delicious dish of subcontinent. It has a deep history as we know that invaders invade the subcontinent for the spices, some historians belief that biryani introduced by Persians and bought to subcontinent through Mughals. Biryani has many types and developed by Mughals.
Biryani is a well-known dish of Pakistan. It is famous local cuisine of Sindh. Many tourists whenever pay visit to Karachi must eat biryani. It is a healthy dish with yummy taste. Variety of biryani is present in Pakistan. It is spicy in taste and juicy rice. Biryani of Karachi contains potatoes in it which also enhance the taste of biryani. For without any further delay I am going to share the recipe of Pakistani chicken biryani.
- Chicken 1 kg
- Rice 1 kg
- Onion 1-3 small size
- Ginger garlic paste
- Yogurt half cup
- Tomatoes 1-2
- Coriander powder 1 tablespoon
- Garam Masala mix 1 tablespoon
- Bay leaves 1-2
- Green chilies 5-8
- Dry plum 4-5 pieces (soaked in water)
- Cardamom 4-5
- Potatoes 2-3 sliced
- Coconut powder 1 tablespoon
- Coriander chopped
- Oil 1 cup
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Chili powder 1 ½
- Turmeric 1 teaspoon
- (Nutmeg half, Javitri 1, aniseed flower 1, long special cloves 2) grind
Method to prepare the curry for chicken biryani
- Firsly wash the chicken properly
- Now mix the grind powder (nutmeg half, javitri 1, aniseed flower 2, long special cloves) in yogurt.
- Put the chicken in this yogurt for half an hour
- Then put oil in pressure cocker and add onion sliced, ginger garlic paste and fry it.
- When onions become golden brown then add chicken with yogurt in it and fry it properly.
- After frying add all the above spices (chili powder, turmeric, salt, garam masala, coconut powder, cardamom, bay leaves, coriander powder) in it and mix them well.
- Now add plump with water sliced potatoes and close the pressure cockier, so that chicken curry will be prepared.
Ingredients for rice
- 4 cup rice
- 1 big cardamom
- Salt 4 teaspoons
- Cinnamon 2 piece
- White cumin 1 ½ teaspoon
- Yellow food color mix in water
Preparation of rice
- Put few drops of oil in a pot.
- Add the spices (1 big cardamom, cinnamon 2 pieces, and white cumin, salt) in it.
- Then add rice and 4 cups of water and boil it
Making of biryani
- Now divide the rice in three layers.
- After first layer put prepared chicken curry over it.
- Then add second layer over it and then put remaining chicken curry over it and cover it with 3rd rice layer.
- Now add yellow food color in the corners, garnish it with sliced green chilies and cover the lid.
- Put this pot on flame for 2-4 minutes on low heat.
- After it mix the rice.
- your delicious biryani is ready serve and enjoyed it