by Binyamin Shahzad
Beef & Potato that’s famous recipe in Pakistan and it is a traditional recipe of Pakistan. This is one of the best recipes because of Potato. In Pakistan it is the quality of only Potato that this vegetable can be mixed with any vegetable, Lamb Meat, Mutton and anything which you like. The potato is used in Pakistan in large quantity. Today as I have decided to share the recipe of beef & Potato. This dish has it’s originated from Indian subcontinent. It is very popular in Pakistan but also included in the national recipe of Bangladesh and South India. In Pakistan in Urdu Language this dish is called Alu Gosht, potato is called Alu and Gosht is meat, I will use beef meat in this recipe. This recipe has liquid consistency that is known in shorba means very thin consistency of gravy. This recipe is mostly used with Chappati in lunch and dinner. Let’s try this dish at your home with the help of my recipe that is given below in detail.
- Beef 500 grams
- Potatoes 4 in pieces
- Onion 1 Chopped
- Tomato 1 Chopped
- Garlic paste 1 tsp
- Ginger paste 1 tsp
- Green chilies 2
- Yogurt ½ cup
- Salt ½ tsp
- Turmeric ½ tsp
- Red chili powder ½ tsp
- Black pepper ½ tsp
- Cumin powder ½ tsp
- oil 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon 1 slice
- Black cardamom 2
- Green cardamom 3
- Cloves 3
- Cumin seeds 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala ½ tsp
- Fresh green coriander 1 bunch
- Whole black pepper 3
- First of all wash the meat with bones
- Take a bowl and put water in it keep it on flame to bring it to boil.
- Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, cumin seeds and black pepper and salt in it and wait for 15-20 minutes so that the bone marrow comes out and meat is fully tendered.
- Then take hot pan add oil in a pot and add onion in it.
- Put garlic paste, ginger paste when onion gets translucent.
- Beat garlic ginger paste with onion
- Then put a glass of water and tomatoes into it.
- Add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder and coriander powder into gravy.
- Now cook for 10 minutes or on slow heat for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When the water dried up add yogurt, sauté the all onion tomato mixture so it will completely dissolved.
- Now add the stock mixture with meat into the gravy and also add potatoes into the stock mix.
- Now cook for 15 minutes until the potatoes cooked and all the gravy and stock assembled.
- Add black pepper powder, garam masala and fresh coriander into the in it and serve.
Delicious Beef & Potato
Now the delicious beef & Potato is ready. You can serve it with Chappati in Lunch and Dinner. Here is given the picture of Delicious Beef Potato below the title so let’s enjoy this with your family:-