By Usama Tariq
Chapli Kebab is originating in Peshawar. The Chapli Kebab could be a well-known grill and street food all through Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and other parts of Pakistan, as well as in eastern Afghanistan and India. The title chapli is said to be determined from the Pashto word Chaprikh, meaning “Flat“. Nowadays, the chapli kebab is highlighted on the menu of South Asian eateries over the world. In Shortly, Pakistani peoples like it very much. Also can You serve it in the front of your guests.
- ½ kg – Mutton mince with fat
- 2 – Onions (Chopped)
- 2 – Tomatoes (reseeded & chopped in small pieces)
- 4 – Green Chilies (Chopped)
- 1 tablespoon – Chili Flakes
- 1 tablespoon – Garam (spicy) Masala
- 1 – Egg
- ½ cup Coriander Leaves (Chopped)
- 3 tablespoon – Gram Flour (roasted)
- 1 tablespoon – Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tablespoon – Turmeric Powder
- 1 tablespoon – Salt
Step for making “Chapli Kebab”:
- Let’s take a mutton mince in a plate/tray, then add rest of the ingredients in it.
- Take a chopped onions and add in mutton mince.
- Then add chopped tomatoes in it and also take a chopped chilies then add in mutton mince.
- Chili flakes and Garam (spicy) Masala add in it.
- Break an egg and include in mutton mince.
- Then add coriander leaves (chopped) and mix it well.
- When you mix it well then add Gram flour (roasted) and mix again.
- So, we simply cover it and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes uncover it and red chili powder
- Then include turmeric powder and salt in it.
- Reason of salt (we did not put salt earlier because the onion would sweat and the mixture would become drunk)
Now let’s fry the CHAPLI KEBAB:
- First heated a pan over here and add some ghee to that
- Take a handful of this mixture and flatten it and make it nice and big, we don’t want this too thick
- The kebabs can be browned shallow or profound in vegetable cooking oil over medium flame.
- Almost seven minutes we have tried this on one side now and turn it on another side so, add some ghee
- Cooking them at least 16-18 minutes from both sides until their color seems like a dark brown.
- The kebabs are ready to eat or you can serve it in front of your guests.