by Ayesha Umar
All about the dish
Gajrela is also known as the “ gajar ka halwa” in which the word “halwa” comes to form the Arabic word which is commonly mean that “ sweet or something which is in sugary taste” and gajrela is the kind of dish which is made by mixing the carrot in the milk.
This is actually the vegetarian sweet dish which is very tasty and especially served In winters. We can say that this is the dish of “winters” because everyone in Pakistan wants this dish when the winters are started. Although when the winters are started this sweet dish is commonly available in the food streets or everywhere especially in the milk shops because this is the most famous dish of milk, we can’t imagine the aroma and taste of this sweet when it is prepared by mixing and topping the khoya (butter), its so yummy.
We can also say that
- Gajar ka halwa
- Kala gajjar halwa
- Carrot sweet milk
- Carrot milk pudding
- Gajar milky stuff
Place of origin
This dish is originated from the Indian subcontinent but actually first introduced by the Mughals.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Cooking time: 30 to 60 minutes
- Total time: almost 1 hour
- Fats: 14g
- Protein: 6g
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- Take a pan, add milk to it.
- Now add sugar and cardamom to it.
- Once the milk is boiled, add copped carrot to it.
- Now add soaked rice in it which is almost soft, add the rice in it and leave it to boil.
- Stir it well, and leave It for the cook.
- After too much boiling, once the milk becomes thick.
- And butter in it.
- Cook this until its consistency is increased.
- Now remove this from heating and leave it to cool down and your gajrela is ready.
We can serve this sweet in hot and cold state both.