by Ayesha Umar
“Kachori” is actually a ” Deep fry bread” which is filled with chicken and spices and made with flour (maida). This is one of the most popular and simple snacks. Kachori has a lot of creativeness and inventiveness. This is the best serve as tea time and breakfast. it also be savored as an starter or as a side dish with the major meal. It is served on special occasions like wedding ceremonies, birthday parties and many more events. This is known as a ” STREET FOOD ” which is served with chuttney like yogurt and salad and some type of pickles. It has an unbelievable recipe of crunchiness. It is a wonderful times when you are hungry for devouring amazing peppery, delicious, and enjoyable. It is made with flour and daal ( lentils ). This is one of the best street food. The method of cooking kachori is the most easiest way you can easily make a perfect crumbling kachori at home with the easy way. Its specialty is soft from inside and hard (crispy) from outside.
The word ” KACHORI” comes from “FILLING” something like everyone wants to eat chicken kachori, qeema kachori etc. KACHORI is invented by ” MARWARIS”. kachori is famous in “KARACHI” all around Pakistan.
- salt = 1 tsp
- oil = 4 tbsp
- carom seeds = 1 tsp
- cumin seeds = 1 tsp
- chicken = 1/2 kg
- red chili powder = 1 tsp
- ginger paste = 1 tsp
- garlic paste = 1 tsp
- cumin seed (powder) = 1 tbsp
- coriander = 1 tsp
- onion 3
- green chili
- oil = 1 tbsp
- turmeric powder = 1/2 tsp
- dried mango powder
- black pepper = 1 tsp
- black salt
- First you have to make dough, so take a bowl and add flour in it.
- Now ad salt, cumin seeds, carom seeds and oil.
- For kneading, add water and knead it, and leave it for 1 hour.
- When it swells up after resting make small balls of it.
- Make chappati and spread oil and flour on it.
- Now fold it half and apply the paste on it and do it for 3 to 4 times.
- Now leave it for half an hour.
- On the other side take a saucepan.
- Add oil and ginger garlic paste, fry the for few minutes.
- Now add turmeric and all the masalas like salt, cumin seeds, black salt, red chili etc, and cook them until it gets brown.
- Now turn the flame off and leave it to chill.
- Chopped the onions, green chilies and add coriander.
- Put this mixture into the roti that we left to after kneading, put all these stuff in it and fry it in a oil until its color changed to brown.
CUISINE : ASIAN, PAKISTAN, INDIAN, BANGLADESHIAN
PREPARATION TIME : 20 MINUTES FOR DOUGH AND 30 MINUTES TO STUFF.
COOKING TIME : 15 TO 30 MINUTES
SERVING : 6 PERSONS
I HOPE YOU LIKE IT!