by Hania Ahmed
About the dish
Maghz masala is one of the most famous and healthy dishes in Pakistan which is famous especially on Bakra eid. Here we fry the brain of a goat and mix spices in it which gives you the tastiest flavor. This dish mostly made on occasions. Most people do not like this they think that like huh! What is this? But honestly this the best dish I have ever eat.
My mother made this brain masala first time so we think that she is lying, how can we eat someone’s brain. But when we eat this its delicious taste made my day and this becomes my favorite dish ever. This is famous in Peshawar as street food. You have to make this in an appropriate manner so the spices show their original taste. When we add so many masalas to it, its original taste has disappeared.
This dish actually originated from the subcontinent of Indian but the national dish of Pakistan as well.
- Onion 1
- Tomato 1
- Maghz (brain)
- Red chili powder 1 tbs
- Turmeric 1 tbs
- Salt 1 tbs
- Cream 1 small pack
- Cooking oil 1 cup
- Ginger paste half tbs
- Garlic paste half tbs
- Black pepper few
- Coriander 1 tbs
- Black salt half tbs
- Coriander leaves for serving
The very first thing you have to do is to make masala.
- Take a saucepan and add oil to it over a high flame.
- When the oil is normally heated, add chopped onion to it and leave it in it for a light brown shade.
- After the onion, add garlic and ginger paste and cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add tomatoes in it and water so it can’t be scorch.
- Add maghz in it and yogurt for once.
- Now put all the spices in it like turmeric, coriander, salt, red chili powder, and some other.
- Mix well and well over the low flame so it cant be raw as before.
- When it becomes reddish or light brown colored, serve it with naan.
Eat well with brain!
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COKKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
SERVIVNG : 6 PEOPLE
I hope you like it!