by Usama Tariq
Fajita may be a Texan-Mexican American or Tejano, humble term for small strips of meat cut from the beef skirt, the foremost common cut utilized to create fajitas. The word fajita isn’t known to have showed up in print until 1971. Kachori means a crispy round thing. We filling up chicken fajita in a kachori dough and close it from one side like a potley. In Pakistan, people like to eat mostly on evening snacks. But now a days (Ramadan) month is starting people of Pakistan like to eat kachori in iftar.
Ingredients for filling
Fajita topping as required:-
- Capsicum (chopped) ¼ cup
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Mozzarella cheese as required
- Onion (chopped) ¼ cup
- Green chilies 1 tbsp
Kachori dough ingredients
- Flour 2 cup
- Salt ½ tsp
- Carom seed 1/4 tsp
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Water as required
Direction for Kachori dough
- In a bowl add all purpose flour,carom seeds, salt, oil and mix it well.
- Gradually add water and knead medium soft dough .rest it for 30 minutes.
- In a pan add oil,add onion, add capsicum, green chili and sauté for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add K N’s fajita topping in it and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Divide the prepared kachori dough into two equal parts.
- Take one ball , flat it brush it with ghee and sprinkle flour in center.
- Fold it halg way to center-brush ghee and sprinkle flour on top again repeat the same process .\
- Lastly fold it in a book shape ,roll it out again and cut rectangular shapes.
- Take one piece,top it with prepared KN’s fajita topping and mozzeralla cheese and seal it with a ball again.
- Gently pat the kachori using a rolling pin or hand and deep fry in hot oil.fry on medium low flame until golden brown from both sides .
- Serve fresh fajita kachori with ketchup and chili garlic sauce.
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Serving : 5-6 persons