By Usama Tariq
The word Jalebi is inferred from the Arabic word Zulabiya. Jalebi, is a sweet well known all over South Asia and the Center East. This dessert can be served warm or cold. The western Asian dish of Zalabia utilized a distinctive batter and a syrup of nectar and rose water. Well, it is very famous in Pakistan too and also in whole Asia. Pakistani people eat it after their lunch, dinner etc. as a sweet dish. This dessert is totally sweet that’s why it is much liked by Pakistani People.
Here is the recipe, make it in easiest way. You can make it in your home to follow these steps
For Sugar Syrup
- Water – 1 cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Green Cardamom – 2-3
- Lemon Juice – 2-3 tsp
- Water (Lukewarm) – 2-3 tsp
- Sugar – 1 tsp
- Instant Yeast – ½ tsp
- Flour – 1 cup
- Orange Food Color – 1 tsp or as required
- Melted Ghee – 1 tsp
- Gram Flour – 1 tsp
Method for Sugar Syrup (Sheera)
- First take a pan add water, sugar and green cardamom.
- Heat on medium flame.
- Mix it well and cook until syrup thickens.
- In the last, add lemon juice on syrup and stir well and set aside.
- Your sugar syrup is ready.
Method for Jalebi
- Bring a Jug add water (Lukewarm), sugar and yeast, mix it well.
- Let sit it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes your yeast mixture is ready.
- Take a medium size bowl and add flour, melted ghee, orange food color as required and gram flour after adding these ingredients mix it well until desired consistency.
- Then add water as required and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Consume a Batter immediately (within 10-15 minutes) and pour this batter in sneezing bottle.
- Your Jalebi mixture is ready.
Frying it on Desi Ghee
- Take a wide range pan and add desi ghee in it about 1 – ½ liter desi ghee required and heat it.
- Put your jalebi mixture or batter by squeezing the bottle on heated desi ghee and make the rings with batter.
- Turn over after a miniature so that both sides are coated with the syrup.
- Keep them within the sugar syrup for approximately 2-3 minutes.
- After that bring it out and remove syrup from jalebi
- Jalebi is prepared to serve.
- Preparation time: 20 – 30 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 -20 minutes
- Serving: 3-4 persons
- Calories: 44 Calories per Jalebi
- Protein: 0.2 g per jalebi
- Fat: 2.2 g per jalebi