by Farwa Amna Naeem
If you are exploring different foods around the world then you should definitely try Naan. Naan is the most popular side food item in Pakistan. It is not the main dish but it is served with the main food courses in Pakistan. It is just kind of a bread. You can eat Naan with many items. You can spread Nutella, Jam or peanut butter on Naan. It is emerged in the era of Mughals and Persians. They used to eat Naan in Breakfast with different food items.
It has become very popular food item in Pakistan. People eat it with Nihari, chicken, beef and mutton etc. There are various types of Naan, e.g. Aloo Naan, Besan Naan, Qeema Naan, kulcha Naan, Garlic Naan and Rogani Naan etc. In Pakistani Weddings people eat Naan with Palak Ghost (spinach with mutton/chicken), Korma (traditional Pakistani dish) and Haleem (Pakistani cuisine) etc.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour, Maida).
- Quarter teaspoon baking soda.
- Quarter teaspoon of salt.
- Quarter teaspoon sugar.
- Quarter cup yogurt.
- One to half tablespoons oil.
- About Quarter cup look warm water.
- Also need Quarter cup all-purpose for rolling.
- Take a large mixing bowl and add all the dry ingredients, i.e. All-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and sugar.
- Now add 1 spoonful of oil and yogurt blend the all ingredients together.
- Add the enough water to make soft dough. Note that the dough should be non-sticky and soft.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead the dough on a slightly floured surface until it smooths.
- Now put some oil on the bowl and place the dough in it and cover it and allow the dough to stay in a warm environment for about 3 hours, dough should be doubled in size.
- Knead the dough to the floured surface again. Now take some dough of size of a table tennis ball and roll in the dough until it is thin.
- Now switch on the stove and put on the hot plate on the stove and let it get heated first.
- Gently Spray some water on the one hand of the dough and put it on the hot plate and cook the dough till the lower side of dough starts to bubble and becomes slightly golden then cook the other side of the dough.
- When naan is prepared, put in a on a plate and serve it. And Enjoy! 😊.