By Dahiza Umar
Pakistani tradition about street food is world famous. Street food here is all about fried things, is a flavorful food in reasonable prize.
It seems like a piece of heaven to enjoy these freshly prepared hot and spicy Pakory in rainy weather.
This snack is actually a chickpea balls having Pakistani spices and some vegetables. Especially in Ramzan, aftari is incomplete without having pakora on the dinning table.
Pakoras have many varieties like there are ‘’bangan k pakory’’ ( brinjal pakoras), ‘’aloo k pakory’’( potato pokaras), ‘’palak k pakory’’(spinach pakoras), chicken pakoras and many more.
RECIPE OF SIMPLE PAKORA( STREET SIDE SNACK)
- Chickpea flour 2 cups
- Onion 2 large
- Green chilies 4
- Potato 2 medium sized
- Spinach 1 cup
- Fresh coriander 1 bunch
- Brinjal 1 medium sized
- Salt 1 tablespoon
- Crushed red chilies 1 tea spoon
- Sukhi meethi (dried fenugreek) 2 tablespoon
- Anar danna (dried pomegranate seeds) 2 tablespoon
- Chat masala 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1 tea spoon
- Dried coriander crushed 2 tablespoon
- Cumin powder 1 teaspoon
- Cumin seeds 1 teaspoon
- Garam masala 1 teaspoon
- Oil for frying
- Cut the vegetables, onion into thin slices, potato cut into thin finger shaped, brinjal is finely chopped, spinach is chopped.
- Take chickpea flour in a bowl and add all the spices and vegetable into the flour.
- Add water to make up the batter of flour and vegetable ( batter shouldn’t be runny).
- Heat the oil into medium flame and add a spoonful of batter into hot oil and fry these small balls until golden brown.
- Serve the hot pakoras with ketchup, raita or chutney as you like.
- It is usually served with a raita.
- Yogurt 1 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Green chilli paste
- Cumin powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped apples 4 tablespoon
- Cream 2 tablespoon
Take all things together into yogurt and enjoy with hot spicy pakoras.