by Robina Shaheen
Meaning of the word ras malai is comes from two words RAS means syrup or sweet flavor and MALAI means cream.
Ras Malai is the most delicious of my sweet Pakistan a few miles away. I didn’t really like sweets when I was a kid, but I liked Ras malai. Probably a factor in why they aren’t doing so well. Ras Malai is often enjoyed as a chef at weddings or eaten at special events. There is a Ras Malai recipe in my article, but I thought of making a special post to talk about the simplest Ras Malai work at home. Hopefully it will be useful to the reader.
Ras malai consists of sweet balls made up of khoya or paneer added in the sweetened milk of especially cardamom flavor or unique texture.
It is believed to have occurred occasionally in East India, especially in the Orissa and Bengal regions. K.C.’s grandson claims Das I K.C. Das, but this claim is said to be “unattainable.”
The Origin of the Words is from Ras means sweet syrup and Malai means cream.
PANEER PREPARATION FOR RAS MALAI
If you are trying the paneer to made at home here’s the method:
To make rasmalai poi, boil the milk first, then add lemon juice or vinegar and stir. After the water is drained from the boiling milk, the remaining protein is called “paneer”. Paneer is fermented until smooth. Small boards are made from that mixture and fall into boiling sugar syrup until cooked.
- 1 cup paneer ( prepared at home or ready made)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 liter milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 tsp saffron
- 4 green cardamom
- 6 tbsp almonds
- 6 tbsp walnuts
- 6 tbsp pistachio
- 6 tbsp coconut crushed
- Take paneer and make small balls of it, now take 1.5 cup of sugar and add3 cups of water into it and bring it a boil to make the sugar syrup.
- Now add small balls into the warm sugar syrup so the sweetness was soaked by the paneer balls
- Now on other oan add milk with 1/2 cup of sugar with cardamom and saffron and bring it a boil and let it cook for 10 to 15 minutes so the milk thickened.
- Now add these juicy balls into the milk and without stirring cook it for 20 minutes.
- After that when milk thickened enough and amazing texture is appeared.
- Serve it with almonds and nuts on the top.
Ras malai is delicious when the night is cold. The bowl should squeeze the milk and all the spices should be well combined within 12 hours. Therefore, to do it the next day, include it as the previous day.