By Dahiza Umar
TRADITIONAL SNACKS OF PAKISTAN
In Pakistan, there are many snack famous from their traditional values, Some are desserts which can be used here as snacks like ‘’jalebi’’
Samosa is either a tea time snack or mid night craving material.
SAMOSAS IN PAKISTAN
Samosa in Pakistan is all famous even small streets must have samosa stalls around.
It is usually a potato or mince, chicken, vegetable filling inside a crust. Occasions like Ramzan in Aftari , must have this snack on the table.
- Potato 1/2 kg
- Salt to taste
- Crushed chilli 1 tea spoon
- Coriander powder 1 tea spoon
- Cumin powder 1 tea spoon
- Chat masala 1 tea spoon
- Green chilies 2
- Green coriander 1/2 bunch
- Mint 2 table spoon
- Anar danna (dried pomegranate seeds) 2 tea spoon.
- Plain flour 2 cups
- Oil 2 table spoon
- Cumin seeds 1 tea spoon
- Salt 2tea spoon
- First to make dough, take flour, salt, oil, cumin together in a bowl
- Knead it with cold water into tough dough.
- Rest the dough until you make a filling.
- Boil the potato.
- Add all ingredients together in a bowl and add mashed potato
- Mix all the things and a paste type filling is ready
- Now take a small ball of dough and roll in up into chapati.
- Add small amount of filling into it.
- Make a triangular shape as samosa have
- Fried the samosa into oil until golden brown.
- Samosa is incomplete without its chutnis ( sauces)
- Fresh coriander 1 bunch
- Mint leaves 1 cup
- Green chilies 10
- Salt 1/2 tea spoon
- Cumin 1/2 tea spoon
- Yogurt 1 cup
Take all things in a blender except yogurt and blend it on
Now add the green paste into yogurt
And green chutni/ sauce is ready.
SWEET TAMARIND SAUCE
- Tamarind paste 1 cup
- Sugar 3 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli powder 1/2 teaspoon
Take the paste and all spices into a pan and put it on low heat.
When the paste thickened after 5 minutes
Set it aside and serve with samosa.