By Breila Jack
Being originates from coastal areas of Tanzania, Vitumbua now are widely cooked all over the country.
The fact that it’s origin is from coastal areas is beacause rice was first famous at coastal areas, with ultitude of uses like rice cooking, pilau cooking and ofcourse, rice pancakes cooking.
People especially women living with poor life, takes cooking and selling Vitumbua as one of the methods to earn living, probably paying rent and childrens school fees.
It also one among the cakes consumed as breakfast in the morning and it is loved by multitudes. Still wonder how can a woman pay rent and school fees just by selling them?, you got the answer, it’s loved by multitude of people.
Let us prepare this cuisine as it takes time with accordance of the number of people prepared for.
Prepare the following
- 1/2kg of rice flour.
- 3 eggs.
- Add 1/2 cup of sugar into the flour and mix them altogether, add one tea spoon of yeast and wheat flour.
- Wheat flour.
- Break eggs into the mix, add coconut 1 packet, while mixing add water or milk depending on ones favour.
- Make heavy viscous from the mix through stirring it.
- Using just tea spoon, add and fill each space within the pan and wait for few seconds. (30-45 seconds)
- Add oil of about 1 or 2 tea spoon on each space of the pan.
- Using pan stick to invert the cakes upside down, untill all parts are ready.
- Move Vitumbua in a plate, and repeat the process untill all is done.
Enjoy Vitumbua with